This DIY is all about you. This one DIY can make both a body scrub and a shaving cream. You can make you mix creamier or more coarse depending on what you like when you shave or scrub your body.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp sugar for a more coarse cream.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1/2 tbsp sugar for a creamier cream.
- you can adjust these measurements to create the perfect texture for your skin. you may want to start with pinches and rub the scrub on parts of your skin to test it.
- multiply these as needed depending on how much you want to make and follow the specific directions below to make the scrub.
How to make the scrub:
- get a container to keep this scrub in. an old shaving cream bottle would work great.
- grab some sugar. get as much as you think you’ll need depending on how tall you are and how much you want to commit to this shaving cream/body scrub. you can use white sugar or brown sugar. put the sugar in the microwave for 15-30 seconds (depending on how much you use it may take longer to create liquified sugar). DO NOT microwave the sugar if you want a coarse shaving cream.
- add coconut oil.
- mix them together.
- refrigerate your mixture for at least 2 hours.
- let the scrub set for at least 2 hours after you take it out of the fridge.
And there you have it, your very own shaving cream and/or body scrub. Also, here is a an infographic for homemade body scrubs. You can use many different ingredients to make these scrubs.