I have a dream and today I am proclaiming it to the world. I want to write stories loosely based on my life. I want to watch someone pick up my novel and not be able to put it down. I want someone to write a review on my work and call it hypnotic. I want someone to go through this blog and not be able to stop reading. Maybe they’ll find me on Pinterest or on the WordPress reader—but once they start reading they can’t stop and once they close the tab on my site they re-open it a few minutes later because they have the urge to find me again. I really just want to know I’m a validated writer that people respect. Continue reading “I want to be a Good Writer”
We all have those times where no matter how hard we try, we just can’t seem to get a good night’s sleep. Whether we stay up too long procrastinating on work, binge watch a show a little too late at night, or simply can’t fall asleep, we still have to suck it up, wake up at the crack of dawn, and get on with our lives. After going through the motions for a while, you’ll probably notice that your eyes are getting puffy, dark, and wrinkly. It’s a known fact that everybody looks better when they look more awake, and sometimes you simply can’t get the rest you need, so today I will be giving you 5 natural remedies to make yourself look more refreshed—without wasting too much of your valuable time.
1. Hey, Tea Lovers—don’t throw away your tea bags just yet.
Your used teabags have many herbs that aren’t just good for your body, they’re great for your skin, too. After you finish your cup of tea, let the tea bag cool off and put it on your eyes. Leave them on for at least 5 minutes. The most effective teas are green, black and chamomile.
This isn’t exactly a DIY. There is no way to teach somebody how to do this. At the end of this post I will attempt to, but that is not the intent of this article. Some might think that I meant this post as a lesson about confidence or how to ace an interview. Well it’s not. I am writing this post with the faith that my readers will be able to comprehend that confidence is a lifestyle. A person who is completely put together just doesn’t exist, but many people are able to look put together. This is the life I live everyday. I wouldn’t call living this way a lie because I don’t do it on purpose. I just happen to like walking with confidence, dressing nicely, and planning the course of my life. When you put all those things together you probably see a girl walking down the street with all the answers. She knows what she wants in life and she knows how to get there. While that much may be true, even the people who look the most put together are facing an internal struggle. Here is why I can pull off this lifestyle so effortlessly. Continue reading “How to Appear More Confident Even If You Aren’t.”
Today I will be completing the second constituent of my writing prompts. This will entail a description of 15 things I love to do. Many of these revolve around art.
- Write. I know this is a very obvious one, but I had to put it at the top of my list so that all of you understand that I write this blog to fill a void in me and this blog gives me so much joy and pleasure.
- Draw. When I was little I was a geek in art class. I knew every opposite on the Color Wheel. I also knew how to write every bubble letter in under 10 seconds. I still do. I’m not the greatest artist, but I love to sit down with a sketch pad and practice my shading and drawing faces.
- Decorate my Room (Interior Designing). Every month you can come into my room and find something different. Whether I’ve made a new collage, hung up a new picture, or updated my inspiration board, I love to keep my room lookin’ fresh. Continue reading “15 of my Favorite Distractions // Writing Prompt: Entry 2”
Using a natural face and lip exfoliator once or twice a week can really make a difference on the overall appearance of your skin and it can help keep your face from getting dry and your lips from getting chapped. And if you use makeup, it will make the application of it much easier and make the makeup look smoother and more natural.
Use this on your face no more than once a week, it will get rid of dead skin and using it regularly will brighten the overall appearance of your skin.
- mix 1 tbsp coconut oil 1 tbsp baking soda into a paste
- adding sugar is optional, if you use it use 1/2 tbsp brown sugar. keep in mind that it will make the mixture very coarse.
- these ingredients can be used to make a facial scrub for anyone. if you need one tailored to your skin type here is what to add: Continue reading “All-Natural Face & Lip Scrub”
A fun fact about me: I’ve always wanted a typewriter. Ever since I learned about what it was when I was little I wanted one. Maybe it’s just a fad to me because I’ve always had a thing for school supplies. I love going shopping in September and buying new clothes and books and pencils. That probably makes me a nerd, but I don’t care it’s who I am. In particular, I find typewriters so intriguing; just the idea of typing my words and seeing them printed in front of me physically seems so exciting. Continue reading “Why I’ve Always Wanted a Typewriter”
I wasn’t expecting that the first movie I reviewed on this blog would be a PG movie, but it just so happens that on July 13th my aunt took my cousins (ages 6 and 9) and I to see this flick. I want to start by saying that prior to seeing this movie in the theatre, the only commercial I had seen for this movie was a 15 second ad that, about a moth ago, would play before every single video in my music playlist on YouTube. This means that I had little-to-no prior knowledge of the plot of this movie. When I walked in the theatre to see this movie I did not expect to enjoy the movie I was about to see as much as I did. Continue reading “Movie Review: The Secret Life of Pets”
This DIY is all about you. This one DIY can make both a body scrub and a shaving cream. You can make you mix creamier or more coarse depending on what you like when you shave or scrub your body.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp sugar for a more coarse cream.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1/2 tbsp sugar for a creamier cream.
- you can adjust these measurements to create the perfect texture for your skin. you may want to start with pinches and rub the scrub on parts of your skin to test it.
- multiply these as needed depending on how much you want to make and follow the specific directions below to make the scrub.
Many people have made chocolate chip cookies in their life. Maybe you use the same online recipe or a recipe from your great-grandma, or you wrote down what your mom told you to use. I used to be like the former and use the same old boring recipe because it was the recipe I was used to. But not anymore! Now I’ve tried a few different online recipes and I have found one that really makes my cookies just right. If you decide to try this, tell me how it works out, but if you want to stick with grandma’s good ol’ snickerdoodles, be my guest.
Ingredients (Makes 20-30 cookies):
-2 1/4 cups flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 pinch salt
-1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter
-3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
-2/3 cup granulated sugar
-2 large eggs
-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
-One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips Continue reading “The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe”
I have decided that I am going to fill in these journal prompts for my lovely readers. I have put the picture of the prompt below in case anyone who reads this would like to do it. Today I will be filling in Number One. I will fill in each prompt whenever the mood strikes but I will try to post one at least once a week. I hope that these posts make you feel as if you can get to know me through my writing.
25 Qualities (Many of these will contradict each other):
- Bossy. I am the first child in my immediate family and over the years that has developed into getting used to the feeling of being in charge. I like to think of myself as a good leader but I try to make everyone in a group feel like they can give their input. All ideas matter.
- Self-Centered. I don’t go around boasting about how great I am, mostly because that’s not how I feel, but I do let comments slip every once in a while when people challenge my instincts.
- Confident. I’m not the type of person to stand up in a crowded room and give a speech about what I believe in, but I will stand up for myself when I need to.
- Shy. What I will do in a room full of people is sit in the corner and not talk to anyone. It’s a sad reality.
- Secretive. I don’t like revealing things about myself. People have told me that it took a long time for them to get to know me. That’s one of the reasons I started this blog: to put myself out there Continue reading “Describe me in 25 words // Writing Prompt: Entry 1”
Everyone has an issue with their skin: whether you have pimples, dark spots, blackheads or dry skin, you’re never satisfied. So many people and companies claim to have found the solutions to all of these. Maybe the solution is $300, a true miracle, or complete trash, but I would rather try to make a duplicate at home than waste my money. Through the years, I have bought some products that claim to “work miracles” and I have tried others that people “swear by”. I turned a new leaf, and recently I have been trying face masks using all-natural ingredients that you can find around your house. Now, I can’t just push one or two masks on you and guarantee they’ll work, because everyone’s face is different, so in this post, you will find a total of 15 masks for all different purposes. I hope you find one that works for you. Continue reading “15 All-Natural Face Masks!”
Now you must know that I will be referring to many of my friends as my “best” friends on this blog because they are the friends that I am most prone to mentioning. I guess if I have to use a nickname for this specific friend it will be “Queen”. I can’t really explain why, it’s just something she is: a queen. She is amazing and if she was the queen of a country I would live in that magical place. This is a girl I’ve known since 2013 and we have been close since the beginning of 2015. Her birthday happens to be important because the first time we were going to spend it together was last year. Unfortunately, those plans failed because my Grandpa happened to die two days prior, so my relatives flooded my house and I was unable to give my best friend the birthday she so deserved. She actually didn’t want to do anything for her birthday, but I convinced her that she should because I happen to love birthdays. Her last birthday was also very special because her mother does not let her hang out with friends very often and that would have been our first time hanging out, but again, that did not happen. Continue reading “Today is my Best Friend’s Birthday.”
So here it is. My very own blog. And why? Because I love to write. I’ve kept almost 10 complete journals in my life and I’ve written countless unfinished stories. I have had my share of great adventures from bad decisions and maybe I’ll write about them here one day. Continue reading “My First Blog Post”